Competition Terms and Conditions – Digital Makeover
1. The promoter of this competition is Digital Business Ireland, (hereinafter referred to as “DBI”) unless otherwise stated.
2. Participation in the Backing Business competition denotes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (as may be amended at any time) and any additional competition specific terms and conditions which may be advertised. Any person found to be in disregard of these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified automatically.
3. By participating in this competition the applicant accepts that their data will be shared with the competition partners, Milk Bottle Labs, Virgin Media Ireland Limited and Permanent TSB for the purposes of selecting a winner and of advertising and publicity in such media as DBI, Milk Bottle Labs, Digital Business Ireland and PTSB may choose without additional compensation.
4. The competition will run from Tuesday 3rd May to Tuesday 18th May. Winner announced Monday 31st May.
5. Competition entrants must be over 16 years of age and be residents of the Republic of Ireland in order to qualify as the prize winner.
6. Backing Business competitions are not open to employees of Virgin Media, PTSB, Digital Business Ireland, Milk Bottle Labs or contractors, agents, their immediate family members or of any companies associated with the competition.
7. Eligible entrants must enter via the application form on the DBI Website.
8. All competition entries must be received by DBI in the required format before the advertised closing time. Neither DBI nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to promotions; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or other technical malfunction.
9. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify them from winning or receiving any prize.
10. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this competition, The Committee reserves the right to terminate this competition, amend these terms & conditions, or disqualify any entrant.
11. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of DBI will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
12. The winning entrants will be selected by the selection committee
13. There will be 5 winners selected.
14. The winner will be contacted via email or telephone.
15. Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, DBI accept no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported delay in supply of the prize including the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use of the prize.
16. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
17. Acceptance of the prize by the winner constitutes permission for DBI to publish their name, and a photograph for the purposes of advertising and publicity in such media as DBI may choose without additional compensation.
19. Neither DBI nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will DBI have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any DBI competition or in connection with any of the prizes rewarded.
20. DBI reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
21. This promotion is governed by Irish law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
22. Participation in DBI competitions denotes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any additional competition specific terms and conditions which may be advertised. Any person found to be in disregard of these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified automatically.
23. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of DBI will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
24. Competition entrants must be over 18 years of age and be residents of the Republic of Ireland in order to qualify as the prize winner.
25. Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner. There will be no cash substitute for the stated prize.
26. The prize consists of a professional Shopify eCommerce store built by Milk Bottle Labs Limited. Each store will have a maximum of 100 products. The winning companies will be required to sign a Statement of Work outlining the specific scope of work being delivered by Milk Bottle Labs and listing obligations such as providing the content necessary to build the store including, but not limited to, images, product descriptions, page content and other elements necessary for the successful build of an online store.
27. Any third-party development charges, transactional payment service fees or other charges associated with the ongoing running of an online store are not included in the prize. Certain third-party application installs can result in additional charges and are not included in the prize. The cost of upgrading to a higher Shopify plan or installation of third-party applications to achieve certain features is not included in the prize.
28. A total of five companies will be chosen by the selection committee.